Ok, here is my first screen (to right). I used a paint brush to paint this simple design. The black was very clumping and didn't spread even. I wanted to leave the visible brush strokes in the red to see how they would print out. Here is how they printed.
Print #1 (below, left), I used the clear alginate so the original colors would show. I had to let the alginate sit on the screen for a while to release the dried dyes.
Print #2 (below, right) didn't come out quite as nice as the first. Again I used the clear alginate, but just pulled it across the screen twice and didn't let it sit on the screen.
Here is the screen as the
thickened dye is drying.
You can see the green pepper
clearly. There are oranges,
mushrooms, apples and
kale there also.